- In college, my instructional technology class involved: 1) how to use a VCR, 2) how to navigate an overhead projector, and 3) how to pull down and lock an overhead screen.
- I applied for my first job after reading the posting in the classified section of the Cincinnati Enquirer newspaper. (I got it!)
- I WROTE my lesson plans in pencil in a lesson plan book. (I also decorated my plans with stickers!)
- I WROTE all of my students’ grades in pencil and used a calculator to total the grades.
- My plan book and my grade book matched.
- Buying transparencies at Staples for my instruction was a weekly occurrence.
Feel free to Google transparencies and overhead projector! I will have you know they were ESSENTIALS “back in the day!”