As teachers, we are constantly referring to various terms in our content areas that we want students to know. I designed this word wall resource as a tool to display common ELA terminology in my middle school classroom. I am always looking for ways to make classroom décor mix with thoughtful teaching practices.
- Printable PDF files for 131 language arts and literature terms.
- Many of the word cards feature a relevant and engaging clip art to reinforce and visualize the concepts.
- Blank word wall cards (PDF and PowerPoint files) included so you can add your own word wall terms.
Printable PDF file of matching bulletin board letters.
- The files are formatted to fit 2 words per 8.5 x 11 paper. This can be adjusted in your PDF view and print settings.
- Word cards can be printed in color, or black and white. You could also print as task cards by adjusting your print settings.
- This resource has had multiple updates and term additions since Version 1. Because of this, the 131 words are contained in 2 separate PDF files.
- Additional blank word wall cards and templates in both PDF and Powerpoint formats are included.
- Words are NOT sorted alphabetically but they are loosely grouped that way. The best way to sort them alphabetically would be to print and laminated the individual cards and sort them manually.
Reviews and Grade Level Usage:
- Over 500 5-star reviews on TPT
- Mostly used in 6th grade through 8th grade classrooms
- “I pull the words that I need for the lesson to display on the board when we discuss academic vocabulary and then I move the words to the word wall for future referencing. The words are big enough to see and are neutral enough to not be distracting.” -TPT Review
- “This word wall is fantastic! It had a lot of words that I had not thought to include in the past. I like that it was able to be downloaded and printed. I laminated the cards and have them ready to use as we come across the words in our units. They’re great for creating bulletin boards and then putting onto a word wall at the end of the unit. There is only one negative that I can say about this product: the pre-made cards cannot be edited, therefore if I want to tweak a definition, I have to recreate the whole card instead of just changing it in the pre-made set.” -TPT Review