Do your students need more work with close reads to enhance their focus with reading passages? This FULL YEAR BUNDLE of close reading passages for middle school students is the ideal reading tool for your students. Engage your students, evaluate their abilities as readers, and provide high-interest reading selections students will LOVE!
Included in this 175+ page resource:
10 Units of Seasonal Close Reads:
• Back to School Close Reads for BIG KIDS
• October Close Reads for BIG KIDS
• November Close Reads for BIG KIDS
• December Close Reads for BIG KIDS
• New Year’s Close Reads for BIG KIDS
• February Close Reads for BIG KIDS
• March Close Reads for BIG KIDS
• April Close Reads for BIG KIDS
• May Close Reads for BIG KIDS
• Summer Close Reads for BIG KIDS
• Answer Keys
Estimated Lexile Measure: 690-1200L
Directions for Use…
• Use for weekly reading homework, center work, read-to-self, read-to-someone, whole class strategy work, small group, or one-on-one intervention. The uses are endless.
• Copy passages, questions, and organizers.
• Teach students the Close Reading Strategies-FRUIT
• Watch as your students become more engaged, independent readers capable of answering text dependent questions.
Reviews and Grade Level Usage:
- Over 100 5-star reviews on TPT
- Mostly used in 4th grade through 6th grade classrooms
- “I switched from ReadWorks to these. It was nice that each month had a theme and then there were multiple genres used. I loved that one week it would be informational text, then literary text, a how to reading, poems, and reader’s theater. I used them for homework, since they were shorter reading passages and great questions that went with them. I would highly recommend this bundle” -Featured TPT Review
- “I’m always looking for good reading passages to use with my EL students. I like how these resources are grouped with monthly themes and that it includes a variety of genres.” -Featured TPT Review