It seems like it should be a simple concept to teach students to write about something they know how to do, but at times it is easier said than done. Here is a resource that I hope you can use with your enthusiastic and struggling writers.
Goals of this Resource:
• Use the following pages to enhance your students’ understanding of expository writing.
• Print out any of the tools in this resource and/or utilize the Google slides link for student work.
• Prepare students to write their own expository piece.
Writing Tools included in this 35-page Expository Writing resource:
• Ideas and Directions for Use
• Expository Writing Inspiration
• CCSS Covered
• 7-day Expository Writing Planning
• 6-pages of Teacher Tools to teach Expository Writing
• Expository Writing Rubric
• 10-pages of Student Writing Printables
Why use Digital Assignments?
• This resource is paperless, but can be printed.
• Students work directly in the given file.
• Technology is integrated into instruction.
• Students are highly engaged in their work.
• Common Core aligned.
• Easily accessible with Google Drive access.
Erin Beers –
Over 75+ five-star reviews on TPT!