Have you read the picture book The Day the Crayons Quit? It may just be one of my favorite read alouds that lets students understand the funny perspectives of crayons. I loved this book so much that I created this reader’s theater script to use with my class!
The Day the Colored Pencils Resigned is an evergreen reader’s theater script your middle school students will love! Practice fluency and speaking while incorporating this high-interest story into your language arts instruction. This 12 character PDF script includes comprehension questions and word work activities, making this unit a flexible teaching resource you can use in multiple ways!
What you receive with your purchase:
– Printable PDF file with script, activities, and answer key.
Reviews and Grade Level Usage:
– Over 175 5-star reviews on TPT
– Mostly used with 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade.
– “This was adorable and my students really enjoyed it! I loved that the parts were longer, yet they usually only had to speak once. This was really good for their practicing at home without my help.” -TPT Review
– “We had so much fun with this! I love the vocabulary practice of finding the word in the text and then learning the meaning of the word with context clues. The story is cute and we plan to do the class project too.” -TPT Review